We are excited to be part of an established program that encourages the continuing education of educational office professionals. Through this Professional Standards Program (PSP), members who have attained accomplishments based on education, experience, and professional activity are recognized. The PSP is a voluntary program established by our parent organization, the National Association of Educational Office Professionals (NAEOP) at the NAEOP Annual Convention on July 21, 1956 in Los Angeles, Calif.
The PSP is a multilevel certification program. Successful completion of a NAEOP approved program qualifies the member for one or more Professional Standards Program certificates. The first 41 certificates were awarded in Pennsylvania in 1957. Since its adoption, more than 15,000 PSP certificates have been awarded.
The Certified Educational Office Employee (CEOE) distinction was approved in 1980. Since then, more than 3,000 CEOE certificates have been awarded. Application for this distinction may be made after receipt of a qualifying level Professional Standards Program certification.
The PSP Recertification Program became effective in May 2002 to enhance and maintain the integrity of the PSP through recognizing the continuing education and professional growth of NAEOP members.
- Mari Greer, Research
- Sandy Lineberry, Retired
- Linda Pence, Retired
- Barbara Homer, Criminal Justice
- Jean Williss, Retired
Associate Degree and CEOE
- Christine Cary, Private Employer
- Tonda Humphress, Student Affairs
- Deb Rosenau, Private Employer
Advanced III and CEOE
- Jeanne Andelt, Retired
- Kathy Bennetch, Retired
- Carol Bom, Nebraska Department of Education
- Lynn DeShon, Retired
- Jeanette Fisher, Retired
- Shirley Horstman, Retired
- Betty James, Retired
- LaRita Lang, Computer Science & Engineering
- Tricia Liedle, Water Center
- Linda Luedtke, Retired
- Jane Schneider, Retired
- Diane Wasser, College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
- Sandy Watmore, Private Employer
- Carol Wusk, Retired
- Lola Young, Nebraska Forest Service
Bachelor's Degree and CEOE
- Mary Guest, Vice Chancellor for Research
- Debbie Hendricks, Student Affairs
- Lisa King , Child, Youth and Family Studies
- Cynthia Knight, Retired
- Cathy Robertson, Athletics
- Doreen Wagenaar, Private Employer
Master's Degree and CEOE
- Pat Hust, Retired
- Lorraine Moon, Research
- Edie Schleiger, English
University of Nebraska PSP Stipend Committee
In 1998, UNOPA PSP recipients formed the PSP Committee to create an endowment fund to recognize UNOPA members who earn PSP certificates. In November 1999, 17 active members were honored for earning their PSP certificates. Annual stipends have been awarded every year since 1999.
To achieve stipend recognition through the PSP Committee, the applicant must be a member at the local, state, and national levels and must meet the following criteria.
- Recipients must be a member of UNOPA for the past three consecutive years.
- Recipients must be regular employees of UNL with a minimum of .50 FTE.
- Recipients must actively participate in PSP Committee activities and a minimum of two PSP Endowment fundraising activities per year, unless otherwise decided by the PSP Committee.
- PSP recipients will annually complete an application form to request stipends. The deadline for this application is September 15.
- PSP Committee will annually determine dollar amount of stipends based on the expendable funds available in PSP Endowment Fund. The stipends will increase incrementally based on level of certificate.
- Stipends continue to be awarded annually at a regular UNOPA meeting.
If you have additional questions about the University of Nebraska Professional Standards Program, contact Debbie Hendricks at 472-9685.
DonationsDonations to the University of Nebraska PSP Endowment Fund may be sent to:
Jeanne Andelt, Chair
University of Nebraska
Lincoln, NE 68583-0815
Donations are tax deductible. Make checks payable to "University of Nebraska Foundation."