Welcome to the University of Nebraska Office Professionals Association Home Page!
We hope you find exciting opportunities and events here. We invite all office support staff at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln to attend one of our meetings and get enthused about this special organization.
Education is the birthright of every person. We as members of the University of Nebraska Office Professionals Association pledge ourselves to safeguard that right. We acknowledge the unique role of educational office professionals and the importance of their contributions to the university and the community.
The purpose of UNOPA is to provide professional growth and promote high professional standards for educational office professionals with the University of Nebraska, as partners upholding the quality of service to the university educational system and the community.
Our objectives are to:
- Encourage educational personnel to continue their professional growth through the National Professional Standards Program (PSP).
- Identify employee concerns that affect the Office/Service classification, and work within the university system to meet those concerns.
- Encouraging all members to interact and learn from one another through mentoring programs, classes, workshops, and serving on various University or UNOPA committees. To enhance leadership skills by serving as officers and heading committees.
- Broaden your understanding of the University of Nebraska, its goals and functions, and the relationship between the university and the community.
UNOPA meets monthly, September through May. Interesting speakers or programs are scheduled at each meeting.
The Career Development Committee offers seminars and workshops that promote professional development to the members and non-members.
If you would like more information about UNOPA, or would like to attend a meeting, please contact the Membership Director.
With heavy hearts we say good bye to a dear friend and colleague. Gretchen Walker lost her battle with breast cancer on Saturday, May 17, 2014. Gretchen was the 2013-14 NEOPA President and the Higher Education Council Chairman for the National Association of Educational Office Professionals. Gretchen's smile was always present every time you saw her.
Click on Heading for More Information
Tuesday, July 22, 20143:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.East Campus Union$5.00 each registration feeRSVP and payment required in advance
- July 14-17 -- NAEOP Conference and Institute at Portland