Welcome to the University of Nebraska Office Professionals Association Home Page!
We hope you find exciting opportunities and events here. We invite all office support staff at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln to attend one of our meetings and get enthused about this special organization. Continue Reading
Floyd S. Oldt Awards Results
UNOPA's Annual Bosses and Floyd S. Oldt Awards luncheon was held on Veterans Day, November 11th. At that meeting the UNOPA Boss
of the Year was named and one Silver Pen was Awarded.
This year there were two nominees for the 2014 Floyd S. Oldt Boss of the Year.: Micheal Zeleny, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Office of Research and Economic Development and Steven Waller, Dean of the College of Agricultural and Natural Resources. UNOPA named Dean Steve Waller (pictured above) as their Boss of the Year. Congradulations Dean Waller.
2014 Floyd S. Oldt Silver Pen -
This award honors two office/service employees who have demonstrated superior performance while employed at UN-L and who have made
significant contributions to the University community. This year's receipent was Diane Carson, Child, Youth and Family
Studies. Congradulations Diane!
Two brown-bag sessions for Spring 2015 are scheduled:
Wednesday, February 18, Noon – 1:00 PM, Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center.
- The speaker will be Mark Robertson, Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, creator of the “Really Obvious” video series about emergency preparedness reminders to the campus. Mark won the Nebraska Emergency Management Agency award for his work on the animated short videos and we’ll learn about emergency preparedness.
- The speaker will be Helen Fagan, Leadership and Diversity Scholar and Practitioner, and she will talk with us about creating an inclusive work environment.
Click on Heading for More Information
- December 2 - Board Meeting
- December 9 -- General Meeting and Holiday Celebration -- Reservations due December 4th
- December 11 & 15 -- PSP Informational Brown Bag lunch (11 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
- December 9 - 11 -- Drop off items for St. Monica's to one of three location on campus.
- February 18, 2015 - 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Mark Robertson will speak on Emergency Prepardness (Brown Bag Lunch at Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center)
- March 12, 2015 Rose Frolik Award nominations due.
- April 22, 2015 - 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Helen Fagan, Leadership & Diversity Scholar with speak on "Who You Are is the Best Part of What YOU Do!" (Brown Bag Lunch at the Nebraska City Union)
Giving TreeSt. Monica's
This year UNOPA’s Giving Tree recipient will be St. Monica’s. St. Monica's is a behavioral health treatment organization dedicated to serving women who are diagnosed with substance abuse and/or co-existing mental health issues. Their clients change daily, but they generally have about 45 women in residential treatment, another 45 in outpatient treatment or community support and 10 children living with their moms in the Project Mother &Child house at any given time.
For more information about St. Monica’s, please visit: http://www.stmonicas.com/.
Please bring your unwrapped items to the general meeting Tuesday, December 9th or drop them off at one of these locations before 5pm on Thursday, December 11th.Drop off locations:
Mikayla Tegler - 127 Love Library South
Jan Wassenberg - 110 Mussehl Hall
Diane Wasser - 2 Ag Communications or 103 Ag Hall
For additional informantion contact Mikayla Tegler email@example.com We plan to deliver these to St. Monicas on Friday, December 12th. Click here for list of items.
50th Anniversary Celebration
At the May 21, 2013 celebration this booklet was handed out of the History of UNOPA Click here for booklet)