Welcome to the University of Nebraska Office Professionals Association Home Page!
We hope you find exciting opportunities and events here. We invite all office support staff at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln to attend one of our meetings and get enthused about this special organization.
Education is the birthright of every person. We as members of the University of Nebraska Office Professionals Association pledge ourselves to safeguard that right. We acknowledge the unique role of educational office professionals and the importance of their contributions to the university and the community.
The purpose of UNOPA is to provide professional growth and promote high professional standards for educational office professionals with the University of Nebraska, as partners upholding the quality of service to the university educational system and the community.
Our objectives are to:
- Encourage educational personnel to continue their professional growth through the National Professional Standards Program (PSP).
- Identify employee concerns that affect the Office/Service classification, and work within the university system to meet those concerns.
- Encouraging all members to interact and learn from one another through mentoring programs, classes, workshops, and serving on various University or UNOPA committees. To enhance leadership skills by serving as officers and heading committees.
- Broaden your understanding of the University of Nebraska, its goals and functions, and the relationship between the university and the community.
UNOPA meets monthly, September through May. Interesting speakers or programs are scheduled at each meeting.
The Career Development Committee offers seminars and workshops that promote professional development to the members and non-members.
If you would like more information about UNOPA, or would like to attend a meeting, please contact the Membership Director.
UNOPA Receives Top Awards at the NAEOP Conference in Portland, OR
1st Place for Local WebsiteMaking Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
2nd Place for Rachel Maynard Communication Award (UNOPA Notes)
To honor Gretchen Walker’s memory, we are in the early stages of putting together a NEOPA and Friends Team for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. The Lincoln walk is on October 26 at Holmes Lake Park. I encourage all NEOPA members, as well as members from LPSAOP, NDE Bridge, OEOPA, UNOPA and WEOPA – And Friends, to join our team! Heather Richey has graciously got us started by setting up the webpage for our team, so you can join today! See Calendar link below to webpage.
Click on Heading for More Information
- August 13, Executive Board Meeting
- August 30 -- Sign up for football parking lot
- September 2 -- Executive Board Meeting
September 9 -- General Meeting,
Dr. Stacie Ray, UNL HearU Nebraska will speak
- September 24 - 1:30-3:30 Professional Development Workshop - "Team Synergy and More!"
- October 26, 2014 --Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk